Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so you better start it with something healthy. When you are having breakfast at home, why not make it extra healthy with organic ingredients like cocoa nibs, cocoa butter etc. I have used coconut flour because it is gluten free and is more healthy than regular flour.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Organic Cocoa Butter
- 7 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon Organic cacao nibs
- For Garnish
- 1 tablespoon Organic cacao nibs
- 2 teaspoon honey
- In a blender add the egg whites and blend until it becomes fluffy.
- Add in the cocoa butter, baking powder, water and blend again.
- Add in the coconut flour and blend again.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add in the cocoa nibs and combine using a spoon.
- Spray a skillet using cooking spray.
- Use a ladle to add the batter.
- Fry them golden brown from both sides.
- Do the same with the rest of the batter.
- Use the honey and cocoa nibs to garnish the pancakes and serve warm.
Tips: You can use regular eggs to this recipe as well, what egg whites do is it makes the pancakes fluffier. I have not used any artificial sweetener, but you can add 1 to 2 tablespoon of honey into the batter as well. Another variation is adding shredded coconut into the batter. This would give your pancake some texture and crunchy vibe.