With the stress of modern everyday living like meeting those deadlines at work or constantly running around after the kids then nothing beats putting your feet up at the end of the day and letting your body and mind relax. Here is a exquisite recipe that will help achieve ultimate relaxation!. It contains a herb called Ashwagandha which is also known as Indian Ginseng, this ancient Ayurvedic herb helps relieve stress and boost your immune system while also detoxifying your body.
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup unsweetened milk
- 1 tbsp Organic Ashwagandha Powder (Indian Ginseng)
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- To garnish: Ground cinnamon
- Take a saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Pour in the milk with the honey and 1 cup of water.
- Stir well and add the Ashwagandha powder, turmeric, coconut oil and peppercorns.
- Stir well and bring the mixture to just below a boil.
- Turn the heat to low and let it simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Use a sieve to strain the mixture.
- Pour into your serving cup and garnish using a pinch of ground cinnamon.
Tips: This drink is good to go on its own, but even better with a few pieces of dark chocolate,