Snacking if done correctly and in moderation can actually help you stay healthy instead of gaining you extra pounds. This is a very simple flapjack recipe with a few extra health boosting ingredients like maca powder, camu camu powder, oats, dried figs and dates. You can also use some dried nuts like almonds, cashews, and brazil nuts etc. These flapjacks are sure to keep you energised throughout the day,
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 10-12 bars
- 225g of oats
- 2 tbsp Maca Powder
- 3 tbsp of golden syrup
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp Camu Camu Powder
- 75g of sugar
- Dried figs to taste
- Dried dates to taste
- Dried currants to taste
- In a medium pan melt the butter over medium low heat.
- Add in the sugar and stir using a wooden spoon until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add in the golden syrup and mix well.
- Stir for about 5 to 8 minutes or until the mixture becomes slightly caramelized.
- Add in the camu camu powder and maca powder and mix well to dissolve.
- Add the oats and stir continuously.
- At this point turn the heat to low. It can easily get burnt if you are not careful enough.
- Add in the dried dates, currants and mix well.
- Transfer to a tray and use a spoon to spread the mixture evenly.
- Let it cool down slightly but not completely before you can cut into squares.
- Serve cold or in room temperature.