Organic Neem Powder (Healthy Hair, Anti-bacterial, Face-mask)
Organic Neem Powder
Neem powder comes from a tree in the mahogany family. It is known by many different names around the world including Azhadiracta indica, Indian lilac and nimtree. This is hardly surprising since it grows in a number of places around the world including India, Iran, the Maldives and Sri Lanka.
The Neem tree is very large commonly growing to around 20 metres and sometimes twice that height. It grows beautiful white flowers and small oval shaped fruits. The leaves are used for multiple purposes and the flowers are often used in cooking throughout India.
It has been used in Ayurvedic medicine as an antibacterial agent. It is also used in a number of Hindu festivals throughout the year including Gudi Padva and Ugadi day. Although not necessarily proven effective it is used in soaps, shampoos, cosmetics and even in some fertilizers.
What are the Health Benefits?
Our Organic Neem Powder provides a number of benefits including:
- Healthy Digestive System – Due to its fibre content
- Antibacterial – Due to its nimbidin content
- Improved Hair & Nails – Due to the high protein content
- Organic – Certified by the Organic Food Federation
- Good for the health conscious – Less than 8 calories a day
- Low risk for those with high blood pressure – Low salt content
We recommend starting with ¼ teaspoon building up to 2 teaspoons a day over a number of weeks. It can be mixed with hot or cold drinks, mixed into an herbal tea or mixed with smoothies or fruit juices.
Can also be used externally on face or hair.